Sunday, August 17, 2014

Interview with Awww Narr's Captain, Nananana aka Nathan

Name: Nathan
Age: 23
Current Team: Awww Narrr
Headset: Siberia V2
Keyboard: Dell keyboard lol
Mouse: Microsoft Intellimouse lol
Essential tournament food: Maccas

First off, for the uninitiated, please introduce yourself and tell us about how you got into DOTA2?
My alias is Nananana, I have always played games growing up. I’m really competitive so I get sucked into anything you can play online. I’ll play a game for a few years and move on. So at the moment it’s Dota2.

Have you been to any LANS around Australia and/or competed online before?
Nar we haven’t gone to any LANS, we just play ranked games online.

How long have you played together with your current team?
We have really only committed to practising as a team in the last month or so. We have always played together casually but because of this tournament we are taking it more seriously.

If we look at the lineup of Awww Narr, the line-up consists of yourself, Noxn, Infinity, [+], and Denarz, what are their roles on the team and how will you bring it all together for the tournament? I don’t want to give up our strategy too early ;) I generally play an offlane / support. I try to play aggressive and create opportunities. Noxn is our support. Infinity plays in a utility position. [+] is generally our mid and Denarz our hard carry. We have all played together so much so we really understand our team mates play styles. We just need to make sure we don’t rage at each other on the day.

Awww Narr, turn down for what?
With 3 teams coming from interstate, how confident are you that the Canberra DOTA2 teams can send all 3 teams home?
For a team to travel interstate to Canberra for a tournament they must be pretty damn good. So I'm not confident in sending any of them home.

Are you slightly nervous at all, especially with the strong history that Canberra has had in the past with teams outside of Canberra?
I'm not nervous because it’s just a game. I think our best advantage comes from being the underdog. We will try harder, have less expectations and hopefully make less mistakes.
The team's label for the day
Back to our own local scene is there any teams that you’re familiar with?
No sorry, I don’t know any of the local teams.

Would you consider yourselves the favourite of the tournament?
I'm not sure on the skill level for the tournament but I really doubt it. Surely the interstate teams are the favorite? If we play well on the day I think we have a shot.

If expectations fall short, will we see you in future Canberra DOTA2 tournaments?
As long as we don't get pumped by everyone and my team wants to, I’d like to play more tournaments.

Nathan, thank you for your time, is there anything further that you’d like to add?
I'm just glad there is finally a Dota 2 tournament in Canberra, we have been waiting a while for one to pop up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment